Six specialists from the Temple Lung Center were named to Philadelphia magazine’s “Top Doctors” list for 2017. Top Docs are nominated by their professional peers, who are asked to identify the best local physicians in their medical specialty.
The six Temple physicians include:
- Abbas El-Sayed Abbas, MD, MS, FACS – Thoracic & Cardiac Surgery (FCCC/TUH)
- Francis C. Cordova, MD – Pulmonary Disease (TUH)
- Gerard J. Criner, MD, FACP, FACCP – Pulmonary Disease (TUH)
- Gilbert D’Alonzo, DO – Pulmonary Disease (TUH)
- Victor Kim, MD – Pulmonary Disease (TUH)
- Yoshiya Toyoda, MD, PhD – Thoracic & Cardiac Surgery (TUH).
“It’s noteworthy that every ‘Top Doc’ is nominated by other physicians, which indicates the respect they have earned from their colleagues,” says Gerard J. Criner, MD, FACP, FACCP, Professor and Chair of Thoracic Medicine and Surgery at the Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University, and Director of the Temple Lung Center. “The Lung Center’s strong showing on this year’s list signals to patients that they will receive the highest quality care at Temple from some of the region’s best doctors.”
In total, 76 Temple physicians were named to Philadelphia magazine’s “Top Doctors” list for 2017. These physicians – who cover 30 different specialties – practice at Temple University Hospital (TUH), Fox Chase Cancer Center (FCCC), Jeanes Hospital (Jeanes) and in the community as part of Temple Physicians Inc. (TPI)